Purpose -To allow all athletes the opportunity to play Lacrosse regardless of household financial conditions. The Grand Valley Lacrosse Athletic Scholarship program was developed to lower the cost of Lacrosse opportunities for children whose families have demonstrated financial needs.
Who Qualifies? – Any athlete in 12th grade and below who demonstrate a financial need.
- Families are required to participate in all fundraisers offered by Grand Valley Lacrosse and/or their corresponding High School Lacrosse program.
- Parents/guardians are expected, to participate in all volunteer activities to help offset the cost of this scholarship.
- Individuals are required to attend a minimum of 85% of scheduled practices and games.
- Application must be completed by a parent, guardian, or head of household, with all requested information provided. (Incomplete applications will not be considered.)
1. Complete the Youth Athletic Scholarship Application Form
2. If requested provide supporting documentation
3. Scholarship application approval will be based on verification of financial need and availability of scholarship funds.
4. Priority will be given to eligible youth meeting one or more of the criteria below:
- Member of a multi-child family.
- Living in a single parent home.
- Receiving assistance from programs such as: Free or Reduced Lunch, Food Stamps, Medicaid, Foster Care, WIC, Unemployment, Federal Welfare (TANF) Receipient, etc. (Applicant must provide written documentation of participation in these programs.)
- A 2.5 (4.0 scale) cumulative G.P.A. or better
- No record of serious disciplinary problems
5. Scholarships only apply to the athlete’s registration fee and do not include fees associated with equipment and the athlete’s membership in U.S.Lacrsosse which is a $30 fee at the youth level. A player at the High school level must pay the school district athletic fee of $140.00 or talk with the athletic department about a scholarship from them.
6. Scholarships are reviewed by an executive committee of the board of directors by the deadline. The High School deadline is Feb 20th and youth deadline is March 21th. Grand Valley Lacrosse will contact you in writing with the results of your application.