GRAND VALLEY LACROSSE PARENT AND PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
Grand Valley Lacrosse (GVLAX) abides by a strict Code of Conduct governing all players and parents. Players, parents and spectators are to conduct themselves in a manner that "Honors the Game" and demonstrates respect to other players, coaches, officials, parents, spectators and fans. In becoming a member of the lacrosse community an individual assumes certain obligations and responsibilities to the game of lacrosse and its participants. The essential elements in this "Code of Conduct" are HONESTY and INTEGRITY. Those who conduct themselves in a manner that reflects these elements will bring credit to the sport of lacrosse, themselves, their team and their organization. The safety and welfare of the players are of primary importance.
The Code of Conduct is a condition of membership for all players and parents. All members of GVLAX agree to abide by the Code of Conduct and to be subjected to the consequences of violating the Code. By participating in the GVLAX program, players and parents are all bound by this Code of Conduct.
All enforcement decisions made by the Directors of GVLAX are final and are not subject to review. No refunds will be granted to those players dismissed from any team for violating the Code of Conduct.
- Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices. You are role models!
- Know the rules of the game of lacrosse.
- Respect the game of lacrosse. Respect the officials. Respect the coaches, who are volunteers.
- Do not coach your child. Let players play and coaches coach, and support both positively.
- Do not EVER criticize other players.
- Follow the "24 Hour Rule"; if you have a complaint resulting from a game (or practice) situation, speak with the coach on the following day.
- If there is a serious problem notify either the President or Director of GVLAX.
- Emphasize the FUN of the game and the team, putting forth effort at all times, not wins and losses.
- Respect your teammates, coaches, referees and opponents at all times.
- Give 100% effort at each practice and game.
- Know the rules of the game of lacrosse and abide by them.
- Support and encourage your teammates. Set a positive example.
- Wear the required equipment at all games and practices, and keep your equipment well maintained.
- Display good sportsmanship at all times on and off the field.
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes; that's part of learning.
- Learn from your coaches; practice hard; play smart; Have Fun!
- Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
Any conduct, including abusive language and/ or gestures, racially insensitive remarks, damage to property or belongings, or any other conduct that reflects poorly on yourself or GVLAX is deemed to be unacceptable and will not be tolerated. This rule applies to all players, parents, siblings and guests at all times when in or around games or practices as a member of GVLAX.
During a tournament or game when you are away, you represent your team and GVLAX. Any conduct such as destruction of property or any other activity will not be tolerated. This rule applies for the entire time one is away for a game or tournament.
All game and practice facilities, including parking lots, are alcohol and drug free zones.
The Board of Directors of GVLAX will deal with unacceptable conduct at its sole discretion, imposing warnings, suspension or expulsion, as it deems appropriate.